Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Special Blog Post Assisgnment

Dr. Heidi Hayes

Dr. Heidi Hayes Jacobs provides a list of useful tools on her website Curriculum 21.

Rubistar

Rubistar offers many different rubric templates to help create your rubric. Rubistar has options where you can save your rubric for future use. As a teacher, I would use Rubistar as a guide to help create rubrics for different projects in my classroom.

Keyspace

Keyspace is a touch typing program that help students learn how to type without looking at the keyboard. Since we will be using a classroom blog, this program would be helpful in my classroom to help my students learn how to type.

Visual Thesaurus

Visual Thesaurus is an interactive dictionary and thesaurus that creates word maps that blossoms with meanings and branch to related words. I thought this would be useful to help expand my students vocabulary.I thought this websites was cool.

Storybird

Storybird is a free tool where you can create visual stories. There are millions of writers on storyboard. Storyboard is one of the largest storytelling communities .There are families, teachers and students who have created stories on Storybird.I would use it to improve my students writing skills and to let them use it to be creative with stories.
a picture of a page from storyboard

Popplet
Popplet is a tool for Ipads. This app helps to organize ideas. One of the testimonies on the websites stated “We are proud that Popplet is helping the new generations of digital natives to emerge skills in organizing.” I would use it to create graphic organizers and timelines.
items organized on computer screen title=

Lightspeed

Lightspeed is designed to safely, easily managed school networks. This is great to use so that the schools can manage the internet use of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment