Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blog Post #10

In the video Little Kids…Big Potential , students are discussing what type of technology is used in their first grade classroom. The students in this video are very engaged in technology. Mrs.Cassidy has a blog in her classroom. Another form of technology used in her classroom is Wiki. When the students need to learn about a certain topic they use Wiki.
picture of people figures holding the letters b l o g for the word blog


In the skype video Part1 , Part 2 and Part 3 Dr. Strange interviewed Mrs. Cassidy. I really like the idea that they discussed about why they have class blogs. I would love to use a class blog in my classroom. Before EDM310, I did not know much about blogs. Mrs. Cassidy discusses how the classroom blog allows her students to be tuned in with technology. Having a classroom blog is very beneficial to the parents so they can see what their child is posting. I like how in the third video she mentioned online safety for elementary students. To deal with this issue, I would put emphasize that the classroom blog is for educational purposes only and no full name of their children will ever be posted on the blog. Some of the positives this could bring to my classroom is better writing skills, a way students can show their work to the community and a place to store memories from the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Although it has been time consuming and difficult at times, blogging is the one tool I like most about this class. I think it keeps students informed, and I like how it can aid in writing and grammar. When we post our thoughts to a greater audience we will try to provide our best quality work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many benefits to blogging in the classroom. Good job.

    ReplyDelete