Sunday, June 7, 2015

Project #15


names of different search engine with magnifying glass





WolframAlpha is a new search engine to me. When I inquired about my name Jakarta, city information about Jakarta, Indonesia came up. When I took the basic tour, it stated that “WolframAlpha is a computational knowledge engine not a search engine.” I think WolframAlpha is excellent for mathematics because I typed in different math problems and the answer was given in different forms.

Ask.com is a question based search engine. I have used ask.com on many occasions. When searching in Google, sometimes I was directed to ask.com.

Dogpile is a great search engine because it gathers information from other search engines. Dogpile works just like Google; I fetched the word Walmart and different web pages came up. When searching for different information about a certain word or topic, I would try Dogpile.

ChaCha is a search engine similar to Ask.com. This website would be useful for answers to specific questions.

Bing was previously known as MSN search. When searching for information I prefer to use Bing because it stores your search history. Also, Bing has different trending news at the bottom of the site. Bing has where you can translate words to other languages.


Zillow is a property and real estate search engine. With this website you can search for different locations, number of bedrooms and baths. On this website, you can get detailed information about the property or house. When I was searching for a house, I used this website.


Yahoo has been a search engine that I have used the most. I recently logged into an email that was created from high school. I love Yahoo to search different topics. Yahoo has different links on the webpage, so accessibility is very easy. I would use this search engine to know what’s going on around the world and to research different topics.

Dice is a job search engine. Before using the search engine users must create an account. On Dice you can post or search for a job. This is a useful website for people that are looking for jobs.

1 comment: