Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blog Post #3

In What is Peer Editing and Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial, I learned that the first rule is to remain positive. It is important to always start with a compliment, and not provide negative criticism. Also, peer editing has three steps:compliments, suggestions, and corrections. Always make sure to tell the student what he or she did well. Suggestions is a way that the author can improve his/her writing. When editing, different symbols represent words that need to be corrected. I also earned that peer editing can be enjoyable. Eventhough misspelled words and missed punctuations are common mistakes, that’s the main thing when making corrections.

Peer editing TAG Tell the writer something you like, Ask the writer a question, Give the writer positive suggestions



As a student of EDM 310, I will follow the guidelines of peer editing. This will be helpful because I will be able to improve my classmate’s writing with compliments, suggestions and corrections. When critiquing my peers' work, I will try to stay positive to avoid conflicts. Peer editing will help me to become a better writer. It’s a great idea to take advice from classmates; instead of, the teacher all the time.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you made a paragraph telling how you will follow these instructions as an EDM 310 student. I also caught on to the stay positive rule and believe it is the most important rule. In the sentence when you list the steps, I would replace the dash with a colon because it looks like a compound word with a dash. Also the last sentence of the first paragraph, I would not put a comma after even though and put one in place of the semicolon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that being positive in peer editing is the most important rule. The three steps are great to follow to help your peers improve their writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...my peers work…" In your sentence peers is possessive and plural: peers' not peers

    Be a good peer editor.

    ReplyDelete